HPC course 2015
Welcome to the HPC training week at UiB.
Time: week 46, 9 – 13 november, 9:00-16:00 (1h break)
Location nr.1: (Monday - Tuesday)
Christiesgate 13, room 251
Indoor map http://s.mazemap.com/1GKXrKV, we didn't add route here, because MazeMap is creating non-exisitng one. Please use the main entrance on the corner, from there there will be signs to follow.
This week course is sponsored by: UiB, Sigma2(NOTUR) and International Research Training Group "Intelligent Detectors”.
And is a lecture-week of the forskerskole / International Research Training Group "Intelligent Detectors”.
- Intro to HPC part1 - Introduction to HPC, available resources at UiB, how to get access and other basic things.
- Intro to HPC part2 - Continuation of the previous talk, focus on job scripts, bash and other specifics.
- Note on Python and R - Short intro into mpi4py and Rmpi.
- Revision systems - Introduction on revision control systems, like git and svn.
- Build systems - autools/make, cmake
- Introduction to OpenMP programming, with exercises in C and Fortran Part1 - John Floan.
- Introduction to OpenMP programming, with exercises in C and Fortran Part2 - John Floan.
Session A was cancelled due to technical complications. We ask apologies for any inconvenience.
A. Modern C++
- B. Parallel IO with NetCDF Part1 – Alok Kumar Gupta.
- B. Parallel IO with NetCDF Part2 – Alok Kumar Gupta.
We finish at 12:00!
- Memory management - Giulio Eulisse.
- Presentation of projects / Exam
- Questions & discussion
- Extra practice from the previous days.
Almost all sessions include hands-on and therefore a computer with an SSH client is a requirement. We encourage you to bring your laptop.